Measure R has officially passed with a final count of 67.93% YES!
Let's look at the next steps for the first two rail projects it will fund, Expo Line Phase 2 to Santa Monica and the Gold Line Foothill Extension to Azusa, construction potentially beginning on both in 2010 (click maps to enlarge; Expo, Foothill PDF sources).
Updated with the latest Expo Authority Board reports their schedule ahead is:
- January/February 2009 - Public Hearings on Draft EIR
- March/April 2009 - Board Adopts LPA
- October 2009 - Final EIR
- 2010 - Begin construction
- 2014-15 - Revenue Service
And an email from the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority listed these target dates for the Gold Line Phase 2A (Pasadena to Azusa):
- November 2009 - Commencement of the design / build procurement process for both the Santa Anita Aerial Structure and the Foothill Extension Phase 2A Alignment.
- August 2010 - Groundbreaking for Santa Anita Aerial Structure
- February 2011 - Groundbreaking for Foothill Extension Phase 2A
- December 2013 - Phase 2A Revenue Service